Civil engineering labourer
What will you learn with us?
In this apprenticeship, your main focus is clearly on civil engineering. As a civil engineer labourer, you are involved with the construction of roads, bridges, canals and asphalt paving as well as specialist civil engineering.
Our civil engineering apprenticeship provides you with the knowledge for working with state-of-the-art machines, small and large equipment such as excavators and rollers as well as the handling of surveying and levelling equipment. You will also learn about building in water, on mountains and possibly tunnel construction.
- technical understanding of machinery
- good physical constitution
- good sense of balance
- willingness to work outdoors
- connection with the earth
- willingness to take on challenges
- good pay
- safe workplace
- great training and promotion opportunities
- opportunity to contribute to the creation of permanent, new infrastructures
- use of state-of-the-art tools
Period of apprenticeship: 3 years
Theoretical courses (10 weeks) in the Dornbirn vocational school.
2nd and 3rd years:
Theoretical courses (10 weeks per year) in the Absam vocational school in Tyrol,
2 weeks in the building academy in Guntramsdorf in Lower Austria,
1 week in the PORR Academy per year.